Wednesday 17 September 2008

What is strategy?

The title of today’s lecture was “What Is Strategy?”, and professor was Claes Bohman, different from before.

The lecture was well organized and had a lot of power point picture, but regrettably, class was not so interactive.

The contents of lecture were focused on a method or a guide line to make strategy, especially corporation of some subsidiaries and business.

By the lecture, “Strategy” is not only “how to make money”, but also “creating unique and sustainable competitive advantage” to “run a different race”. To make the strategy, we have to took four steps, “Inner-Out”(=strategy formulation), “Outer-In”(=strategy formation), ”Outside-In”(=analyzing an industry), “Inside-Out”(=making competitive advantage).

I got a question about relation of philosophy, firm specific and sometimes not reasonable or match to make money, to strategy, but I could not get meaningful answer because I could not express my intention clearly.

At any rate, I got some inspiration about my individual international project, so I will get down to making the project soon.

No comments: