Wednesday 17 September 2008

TRENDETHNOGRAPHY












Today's guest was Katarina Graffman, who was trendspotting trends with ethnography.

Her way of trendspotting was unique because it started observation of people such as life, culture, generation, and so on. This was so fresh for me, because my major was economics and it started some figure of people or economy. However, this diffrence was interesting that I'm now taking another course about international business strategy, and articles in the course writes about culture. Ultimately, economics is simillar to antipology, because both subject are human being, I believe.


Most shocking word for me was "digital native", a generation born after IT spreaded. By her speech, they do not talk friends and not get interested in school because they take some entertainmants for granted by internet. This is extreme example but partly true, I think.


I hope someday study anthropology.

No comments: