Sunday 14 September 2008

Not what it is, but how I am

Today is the second day of Weekend Workshop.

I had had worried that I could finish such an interactive course in my poor English, but such an anxiety disappeared when the workshop started.

In the morning, we had lecture about psychological factors affect negotiations;

・ Anchoring(=reference point)
・ Prospect theory(=we need secure in equal expect value)
・ Reciprocity(=feeling of obligation to whom was given me something)
・ Commitment and Consistency(=commitment makes people devote themselves)
・ Social proof(=one does what others do)
・ Liking(=offer of someone you like is more acceptable than that of others)
・ Authority: application(=authority is useful to persuade some people)

In the evening, we had last workshop, negotiation practice. That was so exciting and my team get more benefits than others.


Through two days, I have learned following;

・ Understanding
This means it is important to understand not only opponents but only myself And we have to have premise opponents have different information.

・ Not what it is, but how I am
This means position in negotiation changes by negotiator. In the workshop, I was same team with one man, very good person to negotiate someone. Every time he speaks we had good position, but actually, other team did not say that. So, he was good at position making, and created favorable situation by himself.

I hope I apply this experience in future, and become good negotiator someday.

No comments: