Monday 22 September 2008

Let’s watch student’s presentations!













“Today, I have two lecture at the same time, in the same room!”. In the morning my roommate said me. The schedule changed and this brought me a chance to attend another class of Management Consulting.

The lecture was student presentation about some suggestion for a local company, this is one of highlights of the lecture and my roommate and his teammate had been preparing the presentation for a week. It was very lucky for me to see his presentation.

There were three student presentations and this was taken in front of two consultants who works with the company students analyzed and suggested to. I thought these work was so hard but extremely exciting.

The consultants told us about the point of presentation, these are following;

F…factual basis
L…layout
A…analysis
S…structure
K…communication

Surprising thing in the presentations for me was there ware a lot of communication in presentation. If one transparency was projected, the consultants said “How much?” ”How to?”. I had not known the presentation was such interactive.

Most impressive thing was there were same question ”How much?” “How to?”. Of course students calculated the figure and well explained why, there seems to be not enough. I think, especially in presentation, the following is important;

Good Structure
1,Fact (=How we see the company, and what is problem)
2,Result (=How much we can contribute, or output. Of course in concrete figure)
3,How(=How we can achieved the result. Understandable reason)

I felt three suggestions is best, because four is much and two is scarce. Much more, English is much more important.

No comments: