Saturday 13 September 2008

Negotiation!













Today, I went to SSES, and joined weekend workshop, "Negotiation & Bargaining".
The workshop started at 10:00am, ended 4:00pm, but is was so exciting that I could not see clock, so time has passed so quickely.

I played three games,some of which took root in basic economics or game theory. First one was to experience "prisner's dilemma", and second one was "information assymetry" and last one was more practical one.

Moreover, discussion was more exciting because anyone has same background, so everyone asked different questions. Class was hard for me because my English was poor, but even so, it was so interesting.


From today's lecture, I have learned three things.

First was "understanding", that means most important thing is to understand positions of incentives of opponents and myself.

Second was "alternative". Alternative plan is important not only to compromise but also to know opponent's situation.

Third was "quickness", that means we have to think or decide more quickely than opponents.


I hope I can ask own question or play by myself in tommorow's class!

No comments: