Wednesday 3 September 2008

Teacher's role

"There is no right answer in strategy."


Today I had second lecture of “International Business: Int. Business Strategy”. Actually, this is first lecture because last one is used for introduction.

Today’s topic is “Cola War”, that is a Case of HBS about competition among Coke and Pepsi and for thinking “globalization”. I got a lot of things from the lecture, that are to definite “industry” is difficult, brand-making becomes high drag for entry, mix of diversify and vertical integration means internationalization…etc.

However, most impressive thing for me is the styles of lecture. Professor doesn’t teach us, but ask us, and organize our opinion for his aim of lecture. In my school, generally, teachers are the people who give us “the right answer”, and I unconsciously have taken that for granted. However, I realized from the class that, especially in strategy or business such as that some situation in real world, there is no right answer and it is much more important to know difference of other people’s thinking than know teacher’s answer.

No comments: