Monday 22 September 2008

Liability of Foreigness

Today’s lecture was so easy to understand for me, because it was about Japanese case, the entry of Hartford Life Inc. to Japanese annuity market.

Of course, I spoke something in class, and indicated a mistake in the article of Japanese government’s name, FSA (is not Financial “Supervisory” Agency, but Financial “Service” Agency).

The teacher, he is PhD. student and not regular lecturer, was good than I had expected. He started the lecture describing the characters and environments, this is very orthodox. One thing I minded was we could see what was the “right” answer, or what he expected, it was a kind of “too organized” lecture. However, it was so interesting in the last part of the lecture, we talk about the example of disadvantages of foreigners, because there were student from different countries.

I think the requirement of good lecturer is “to exploiting audience competence”. This is very difficult, but someday I hope to get the ability.

No comments: