Wednesday 17 September 2008

"This is nice thing"

"This is nice thing" means nothing....



In today's Business English class, we handed in our CV and cover-letter and discuss small about article wirrten by Ehrenreich, so famous journalist, and checked some error or inpoliteness in a letter and sentences.

Today, I sat first line of class because I found this is easier to ask questions to teacher. Thanks to that, I could spoke and ask sometimes!


In checking error and telling defference among words close to each other, I could not tell the differences, these are following;

・advice/advise(n/v)
・affect/effect(infulence/to achieve something)
・altogether/all together(completely/every body)
・corporation/cooperation(firm/working together)
・council/counsel(exective people/lawyer)
・data/information(c/u)
・disburse/disperse(pay money/spread)
・disinterested/uninterested(not selfish/not interesting)
・guess/suppose(have no idea/have a idea)
・loose/lose(not fastened/lost)
・precede/proceed(happen before/go ahead)
・principal/principle(person/rule)
・stationary/stationery(stay/tool to write)

I hope I memorized all...

No comments: